- Marital Status: Married.
- Born in Dover, New Hampshire - July 12, 1934.
- Enlisted United States Air Force - January, 1952.
- Stationed at Hunter Air Force Base, Savannah, Georgia.
- Discharged January, 1956 - Honorable Discharge.
- Chatham County Police Patrolman - March 15, 1959.
- Ascended through ranks as Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Asst Chief of Police.
- Appointed Chief of Police August, 1971.
- Retired as Chief in April, 1992.
- Elected as Sheriff in Chatham County - May, 1992.
- Chatham County Policeman of the Year - 1965.
- Appointed to GA Organized Crime Prev. Council by Gov. James E. Carter - 1973
- Appointed to Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (POST) Regulatory agency overall Peace Officers in State of Georgia) - 1985. Reappointed by Gov. Joe Frank Harris - 1989. Currently serving as Chairman for second term.
- Elected President of Island Exchange Club - 1986.
- Awarded Executive Certificate - July 1987. Highest level of achievement for Peace Officers in the State of Georgia.
- Past President of FBI National Academy Associates.
- Appointed by City of Savannah to Crime Collaborative.
- Member of Olympic Security Support Group.
- Four term President of Chatham County Chief's Association.
- Member of Chatham County Emergency Medical Advisory Council.
- Georgia Sheriff's Association Distinguished Humanitarian Award - 1992.
- Georgia Chiefs of Police Assoc. Outstanding Chief Award - 1990.
- Georgia Sheriff's Association Sheriff of the Year - 1995.
- Georgia Sheriff's Association
- National Sheriff's Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police
- FBI National Academy Associates Georgia Chapter
- Peace Officers Association of Georgia
- Member of Islands Exchange Club
- Member of Peace Officers Annuity and Benefit Fund