The Chatham County Sheriff’s Office has several different ways of bonding someone out of jail. All bonds require a $20.00 non-refundable bonding fee to be added.
*We accept cash, credit/debit cards (Visa, Master Card), money orders and cashier checks
1. BONDING COMPANY
CCSO accepts local bonding company bonds. See approved list below. You must first go to the bonding company and bring the bond to the cashier’s office at the Detention Center. A valid government issued picture ID will be needed and the bonding fee as well.
Approved Bonding Companies
We accept cash and you may use it to pay the bond and/or the bonding fee. Make sure to have government issued picture ID for processing the bond.
3. CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
We accept MasterCard and Visa cards only. These cards must be in the name of the person posting the bond and picture ID is required. No company credit cards will be accepted. A surcharge will be added. NOTE: If using a card for the bond fee you will be charged $2.50; if using the card for the bond and bonding fee you will be charged 10% of the total amount. If paying with card after cashier booth is closed you will be able to use the kiosk machine in the front lobby to pay a bond. *CCSO Detention Center doesn’t take any payments over the phone
You can use www.cashbondonline.com or www.jailatm.com. The Sheriff's Office is not responsible for www.JailATM.com. If you have any questions, contact Tech Friends, Inc. at 870-627-5476 M-F, 9am-5pm Eastern Time.
5. PROPERTY BONDS
Property must be in Chatham County and free/clear of all liens. A title search must be done by an attorney. The property must have value equal to or greater than the bond amount. You must have a copy of paid property taxes for the year. You will need to bring all this information to the CCSO Detention Center; we will then create a bond. A lien will be placed on your property. You are required to return to the CCSO with the disposition when the case is completed to have the lien removed. If defendant does not show for court you may lose your property.
6. OUT OF COUNTY BONDS
We accept out of county bonds. They must be approved by the sheriff’s department in that county. These bonds are placed in a sealed envelope and brought to the CCSO Detention Center for processing. You may be required to pay the bonding fee in that county; if so, please bring proof of payment to CCSO along with the bond.
7. CASH BOND RETURNS
* Paperwork accepted for cash bond returns during the hours of 8:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:00pm Monday thru Friday at the CCSO
To request a cash bond return in person:
- You must be the person that PAID the bond.
- You must provide a current/valid Government issued photo ID
- Bring a certified copy of the proof of disposition from the court signed by the Judge or Clerk of Court ( Recorder’s, State, Superior and Magistrate)
- If the case was disposed of in Bloomingdale, Garden City, Pooler, Port Wentworth or Tybee Island you will have to contact that particular jurisdiction to receive funds back for a cash bond.
To request a cash bond return by mail, please follow the instructions below:
- Click here for the “Affidavit and Claim for Refund of Cash Bond”
- Follow all the instructions on the form. Requests must include a copy of a current/valid government issued photo ID, certified copy of the proof of disposition from the court signed by the Judge or Clerk of Court, and must be signed in the presence of a notary.
- Mail paperwork to:
Chatham County Sheriff Office
Cash Bond Return
1050 Carl Griffin Drive
Savannah, Georgia 31405
Please note: Cash bond return requests received at our office will be ready for pickup after 2 business days once all original required documents have been received and validated.
If you have any questions, please call (912) 652-7769, (912) 652-7738 or (912) 652-7792.