It is the duty of the Chatham County Sheriff's Office to provide quality services as defined in the State Constitution through:
- Operating the jail for the safety and security of the community while providing a safe, humane, and secure environment for both the staff and inmates;
- Enforcing state laws in a fair and impartial manner;
- Properly receiving and serving civil processes and subpoenas and order from the Probate, Magistrate, State, and Superior Courts;
- Properly receiving and executing criminal warrants originating from the Recorder’s, Magistrate, State, and Superior Courts;
- Providing for the safety of and security of the Superior, State, Magistrate, Recorder’s, and Juvenile Courts;
- Serving the community by building a partnership with the community.